On behalf of the entire team at Karen Allen Salon, we’d like to take a moment to say thank you again for your loyalty and support. The past several months have been unlike anything we’ve ever experienced, and we’re working hard to evolve so we can continue to show up in a meaningful way for you, our employees, and communities. Part of that has meant serving you in new ways, whether that’s online or through some of our contactless curbside services like order pickup and returns. We want to continue to bring you the service and convenience you need, even if it may look a little different than it has in the past.
It really can’t be said enough—your health, and the health of our employees, are our priority. And every decision we make is through that lens. We want to be sure the approach we’re taking to reopen our stores is thoughtful, and that we’re creating a salon environment that’s safe for everyone.
We have incorporated extensive new and improved sanitation practices into every aspect of our operation, including the requirement of all our team member’s completion of the Board Barbicide course. We are also a COVID-19 certified salon.
When we do reopen –
more than anything we want you to feel safe and comfortable during your salon experience. We’ve made updates to our salons and the way we serve you to help keep everyone healthy.
Some of those updates include:
- social distancing – We are splitting our Service Providers into shifts, thereby reducing the number of people in the building by a minimum of 50%. Service Providers will be working in every other station, leaving an empty station to keep a safe distance.
- masks/face shields – All of our team will be required to wear masks/face shield. We will provide you a disposable mask during your reservation.
- limited changing room – Color clients will be handed a clean robe upon entering the salon and will be handed a plastic bag to keep all your belongings. Hair Cut guests will receive a fresh cape.
- touchless greetings & goodbyes – We will not be shaking hands or hugging at this time. Hands-on our hearts will be the KA temporary way of greeting.
- beverage – We will only offer a water bottle for your beverages at this time.
- limited items and guests – We ask that you arrive for your reservation on time and no earlier. Please limit any belongings that you bring with you perhaps to your phone and forms of payment (rather than your handbag). Please do not bring any extra guests with you and please do not bring children to your appointment. Absolutely no pets will be allowed in the salon at this time.
- if you are 65 or older, or have an underlying health condition, we will have early reservations saved for you. Please stay tuned.
- if you have been ill or around someone who has been ill, please wait 14 days and reschedule your reservation.
Again, thank you for your continued loyalty. We hope to see you again soon, however you choose to receive a service with us.
Karen and the Karen Allen Team.